Recently the project multilingualism has been released to the DST platform. The DST platform now is multilingual and allows retailers to receive product data in one of the supported languages (or multiple languages). Suppliers can post data in multiple languages and country combinations. Witch countries and languages are supported?
DST currently supports four languages; the encoding for these languages is according to alpha – 2 – code ISO 639 – 1
DST supports all countries according to the encoding alpha – 2 – code ISO 3166 – 1
What’s going to change?
- Suppliers can now provide product information in multiple language / country combinations.
- Retailers now can receive item information in their own country and language (one of the available!) combination.
- For retailers it is now possible to set up multiple country / language combinations. This must be requested at DST’s helpdesk.
- Data recipients who receive multiple languages and countries, will receive the same product (information) multiple times!
- POS and e-commerce vendors are advised to pay attention to the fact that it is now technically possible for their customers to receive product data from one item multiple times. By country / language combination, the item can be offered.
- In the platform DST every customer will have a default country / language combination configured. When data is retrieved by a customer in France, that customer receives only product information that have the fr / FR combination.
- In addition to Dutch code lists, DST will now also support international (English) codes; suppliers can choose which one to use. We aim here for the codes (not the values).
- International codes apply to all languages! Customers are offered the correct language value in addition to the code
- We support two versions of the element names, Dutch and international (English) element names in de API and CSV import.
A product can be submitted multiple times, with a different language and country code, may contain different specifications. For example, a sales price of an item in the Netherlands (NL / NL) may be different from France (fr / FR). Platform DST sees these items as unique, which enables vendors to specify items differently.
- Descriptions in the correct language
- Prices per country different
- Availability (status) per country different
Advice: DST recommends to use only language / country combinations that are logical.
- If a country is multilingual, like Belgium, two combinations can be used: nl / BE and fr / BE • There is only one German combination: de / DE
- There is only one French combination: fr / FR
- There is only one Dutch combination nl / NL
Here is an example of a product delivered in multiple country / language combinations.
Product 1046FR04013 Language = Dutch, Country = Netherlands
Product 1046FR04013 Language = Dutch, Country = Belgium